Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Electrical and Electronic Engineering is a rapidly growing Engineering discipline that incorporates the principles of electrical energy and electronics. The BSc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering degree is structured to encompass up-to-date technologies like optic fibres and optoelectronic devices, nanotechnology, photonics, magnetic devices, controls systems, radio communications and telephony systems.
The course covers the following areas:
- Analogue and Digital systems
- Visual Display Systems
- Illumination Engineering
- High Voltage Technologies
- Electrical Machine Design
- Energy Systems
- Reliability Engineering
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Digital communications
- Antenna systems
- Signals and Communication
In the fourth year of study, the students can major in any of the following specialty:
- Electrical machines and power systems
- Electronics and telecommunication
The curriculum is designed to produce graduates with a solid grounding in theory and hands-on practical training. The practical proficiency is achieved through extensive laboratory training, seminars, engineering projects, workshop practice, industrial visits and industrial attachment.
Applicants must satisfy any of the following requirements as required by the University Senate;
- Kenya Certificate Of Secondary Education (KCSE) applicants:
- Entry requirements are at least a mean grade of C+ and a minimum of C+ in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and English/Kiswahili.
- Kenya Advanced Certificate Of Education (KACE) applicants:
- Two principal passes in mathematics and physics; and
- At least a total score of nine (9) points at the KACE or equivalent; and,
- At least a credit pass in Chemistry at the KACE or its equivalent.
Holders of other qualification recognized by the University Senate as equivalent to 1, 2, 3 or 4 above.
The program takes a period of five years, each year divided into two academic semesters.
How to apply
Applications shall be made on official application forms which are available at the Office of the Registrar (Academics Affairs). The forms can also be downloaded from the university website https://www.dkut.ac.ke/ .