Telephone No.: 0791800083
Department: Electrical and Electronic Engineering
|PhD in Electrical Engineering (Power Systems)||Pan African University||2019|
|MSc in Electrical Engineering (Power Systems)||Pan African University||2014|
|B.Eng (Hons) Mechatronics Engineering||Chinhoyi University of Technology||2011|
Areas of Expertise
- Condition Monitoring and Fault Diagnostics of Power System Equipment
- Automation and Instrumentation
- Artificial Intelligence
- Lecturer, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology – May 2019 to date
- Part Time Jnr Instruments Engineer; Talbless Automation Pvt Ltd – Zimbabwe [March 2015 – Feb 2016]
- Assistant Lecturer – Chinhoyi University of Technology – Zimbabwe [Jan 2015 – Dec 2015]
- Part Time Lecturer; Speccis College – Zimbabwe [Jan 2012 – Oct 2012]
- Teaching Assistant; Chinhoyi University of Technology -Zimbabwe [Oct 2011 –Nov 2012]
Other University and National Responsibilities
- Industrial Attachment Cordinator
- Edwell. T. Mharakurwa, George. N. Nyakoe, and A. O. Akumu “Transformer Insulation Degree of Polymerization Estimation through Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference System Approach”, 2019 Electrical Insulation Conference (EIC), Calgary, Alberta, Canada, 16-19 June 2019, pp.160-163.
- Edwell. T. Mharakurwa, George. N. Nyakoe, and A. O. Akumu, “Transformer Remnant Life Estimation and AssetManagement model based on Insulation StressAssessment”,2019 Electrical Insulation Conference (EIC), Calgary, Alberta, Canada, 16-19 June 2019, pp.325-329.
- Edwell Tafara Mharakurwa and RutendoGoboza, “Multiparameter-Based Fuzzy Logic Health Index Assessment for Oil-Immersed Power Transformers”, Advances in Fuzzy Systems, Volume 2019, Article ID 2647157, 12 pages,
- E.T. Mharakurwa, G. N. Nyakoe and B. W. Ikua, “Accretion Control in Sponge Iron Production Kiln using Fuzzy,” Journal of Sustainable Research in Engineering (JSRE), Vol. 1, No. 2, p. 27-33, 2014. ISSN 2409-1243,
- Edwell. T. Mharakurwa, G. N. Nyakoe, A. O. Akumu, “Power transformer fault severity estimation based on dissolved gas analysis and energy of fault formation technique,” Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (JECE), 2019, Article ID 9674054,10 pages, https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/9674054.
- E.T. Mharakurwa, G. N. Nyakoe, A. O. Akumu, “Power Transformer Hot Spot Temperatures Estimation based on Multi-attributes,” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER),ISSN 0973-4562, Volume 14, Number 7 (2019) pp. 1584-1592.
Papers presented in Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- Edwell. T. Mharakurwa, G. N. Nyakoe, A. O. Akumu, “Thermal Modeling of Power Transformers with Unbalanced Loading,” 2018 IEEE PES/ IAS PowerAfrica Conference, Cape Town, South Africa, pp. 126-130, June 26-29, 2018.
Awards, Scholarships and Recognition
- Pan African University Scholarship
- University Book Prize Award (Best Graduating Student Mechatronics Department)
a) Ongoing/Completed Researches
- Research Title: Remnant Life Estimation Model for Mineral Oil-immersed Power Transformers’ Asset Management Scheme
b) Research funding: (Indicate the Source, Amount & Year)
- Pan African University – $6000 in 2017 – 2019
Affiliation/Membership to Professional Bodies
- Graduate Member – Zimbabwe Institution of Engineering (ZIE)
- Condition Monitoring and Fault diagnostic for Power system equipment.
- Automation and Application of Artificial Intelligent in Process control and Power Systems