Designation: Tutorial Fellow
Department: Electrical and Electronics Engineering
|Msc. Electrical Engineering||JKUAT||June 2018|
|Bsc. Electrical and Electronic Engineering||DeKUT||May 2014|
|Certified Public Accountant||KASNEB||2008|
Areas of Expertise
- Control Engineering
- Drone Control
- August 2018 – To date: Tutorial Fellow, DeKUT
- September 2014 – August 2018: Teaching Assistant, DeKUT
Other University and National Responsibilities
- Chairman of Department – Electrical and Electronic Engineering, DeKUT
- Kimathi S., Kang’ethe S. and Kihato P., “Application of Reinforcement Learning in Heading control of a fixed wing UAV using X-Plane Platform”, International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, Vol. 6, 2017.
- Kimathi S., Kang’ethe S. and Kihato P., “UAV Heading Control in Windy and Turbulent Conditions Using Reinforcement Learning”, IOSR-Journal of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Vol. 13, 2018.
Papers presented in Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- Kimathi S., Kang’ethe S. and Kihato P., “ A Review of Control algorithms for fixed wing UAVs”, 2nd DeKUT International Conference on Science, Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, DeKUT, November 2016.
- Muchiri N. and Kimathi S., “A Review of Applications and Potential Applications of UAVs”, Proceedings of the 2016 Annual Conference on Sustainable Research and Innovation (SRI), Kenya School of Monetary Studies, May 2016.
- Control Systems
- Graduate Engineer – EBK